Bank Account & Money Exchange

Documents needed to apply for bank card

Valid passport, Admission Notice

Bank Branches

You can apply for a Union Pay debit card at Bank of China (ShanDa NanLu Branch) for free.

You can also apply for Union Pay debit card at any other bank.

For more information about the banks near school, please refer to the attachment.

Bank of China (ShanDa NanLu Branch) address:


Application process

1) Fill in《个人账户开户及综合服务申请表》(refer to picture)。

All other online and e-banking services can be applied concurrently.

(Present your admission notice to get 1 year of card fee waive)

2) Collect《客户回单》。

Do make sure that you take the receipt《 客 户 回 单 》(refer to picture),from the counter and keep it.

Note: Scholarship students are required to submit Customer

Receipt to ISO, to receive your monthly allowance.

Type of bank card

Please apply for a Union Pay debit card associated with your bank account. Union Pay is widely used in China, it has the same functions as all other debit cards and remittance can be received directly via the card

Can I register first before applying for bank card?

We strongly encourage you to open your bank account before registration. Visa application may take up to 30 days and you would not have you passport during that period. Banks would not be able to process any application without your original passport. As such, you are advised to get a bank card before registration.

Money exchange

Students are advised to have sufficient amount of RMB in cash ready to pay for rent, visa and other fees.

Note: Banks do not do money exchange on weekends. If you happen to arrive during the weekends and do not have any RMB, please change some at the airport.