China Scholarship Council Distinguished International Student Scholarship
China Scholarship Council Distinguished International Student Scholarship (referred to as “the scholarship” hereafter) is set by Ministry of Education in order to implement the spirit of the national conference on education for international students, to expand the influence of the Chinese government scholarship and to develop more distinguished international talents.
1.Standard of the Scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded to 5-10 students, including full-time bachelors and masters who have studied in SDU at least for 1 year. Each bachelor will be awarded 15,000RMB every time while each master 30,000RMB.
1) Applicants must excel in school and be proficient in study and research.
2) Applicants must be friendly to China.
3) Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, in good physical and mental health, and behave well in all aspects.
4) Priority will be given to those who actively participate in recreational and sports activities, practical activities or perform outstanding deeds.
5) Priority would be given to those who suffer from economic difficulties when the applicants have equal qualification.
3. Application method
Applicants must apply online and submit all relevant documents.
1) Apply online: Applicants must apply at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/ and complete the application form online.
2) Relevant documents: Applicants must submit the following application form and documents.
a.Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (it can be downloaded from the CSC website);
b. Proof of study provided by the university;
c. Copies of transcript;
d. A recommendation letter from the department in charge of international student affairs. The letter must include the applicant’s performances in study, achievements in scientific research, awards, performances in recreational and sports activities, practical activities and the overall behavior in China;
e. Other supporting materials.
1) Recommended by school or oneself;
2) Evaluated by the Department of International Affairs;
3) Applicants complete the relevant materials and school provides recommendation materials;
4) Department of International Affairs sends the materials to CSC.
5. Contact Us
Department of International Affairs
Address：C302 Mingde Building, Central Campus of Shandong University, No.27 Shanda South Road, Jinan, China