In order to enhance the cultural experience of international students and promote cultural exchanges, SDU plans to hold the “18th International Cultural Festival of Shandong University” around April 26, 2019.We therefore would like all international students to start preparing for this activity in advance. Please take notice of the schedule here under:
1. Name of the event: the 18th International Cultural Festival of Shandong University.
2. Venue: Shandong University Central Campus
3. Date: Around April 26, 2019 (details will be postedon further notice)
4. Organizer: International Students&Scholars Center
I. International Culture Exhibition
II. Shandong University “Belt and Road” International Student Culture Forum
III. International Cultural Festival Evening Party
6. Participants: all international students, special guests and representatives of Shandong University (leaders, foreign teachers and international students), Chinese teachers and students.
7. Schedule of activities (draft):
April 25th Afternoon: Shandong University “Belt and Road” International Student Cultural Forum
April 26thAll day: Opening ceremony of the 18th International Culture Festival of Shandong University and International Culture Exhibition
April 26th Evening: International Cultural Festival Evening Party
The details of the activities above will be announced on further notice. We therefore would like student to prepare in advance, plan the cultural exhibition and the performances, including props, costumes and other materials essential to the show. The “Belt and Road” Research Group should make preparations for the organization and planning of the cultural forum.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Wang at 88365855 or email@example.com
International Students & Scholars Center
January 16, 2019
Attachment: Introduction to the 18th International Cultural Festival of Shandong University
1. Opening ceremony of the 18th International Culture Festival of Shandong University
The opening ceremony is scheduled to be held at the International Culture Exhibition on the morning of April 25th from 9:00 to 9:30.University leaders and other guests will be invited to participate in the ceremony.
2. International Culture Exhibition
The exhibition is scheduled to be held at the forest garden of SDU Central Campus on the morning of April 25. Students will be invited to form exhibition stands and showcase items and decorations that represent their traditional culture or customs. Partial funding will be provided to participants to assist with exhibition preparations. The most excellent cultural exhibition will be rewarded.
3. The “Belt and Road” International Student Cultural Forum of Shandong University
The Forum is scheduled to be held on the afternoon of April 24. Chinese and international students will debate their research and carry out relevant discussions under the theme of the “Belt and Road” Initiative. Participants should present an article for 10-15 minutes each. The Forum will issue a certificate of participation and reward outstanding papers.
4. International Cultural Festival Evening Party
The party is scheduled to be held at the Shandong University Central Campus Gymnasium from 19:00-21:00 on the evening of April 25. The evening program will mainly be for showcasing international students’ music and dance, martial arts and language. Chinese students and special guests will be invited to attend the performance. The performances should strive to be lively and the content should be positive and energetic. The organization will grant prizes to the outstanding performances.