Applicationsfor the exchange program should be submitted online at www.apply.sdu.edu.cn.Please follow the following steps to complete the online application.
1) Required documents • Information page of your passport (including photo, name, date of birth, place of birth, county of citizenship) • Official academic transcript in English • Letter from the International Office nominating you for an exchange • Passport size photograph • Personal Statement including study plan • Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (only required for more than six-month exchange) • Proof of language proficiency (if applicable)
e Online application website ishttp://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/. Please click “Register” to create your own account with your email, nationality and passport. Please be reminded toregister as “Exchange Student”. Then log in to fill the application form and upload required documents.
3) Application Period
For spring semester (February to July): September 15 to November 30.
For autumn semester (September to January): March 15 to May 30.
Exchange students can study Chinese, China studies courses, academic courses (either taught in Chinese or English) in SDU. Please refer to the course list below. The course registration opens in the second week of the new semester.
• List of Departments: http://course.sdu.edu.cn/G2S/ShowSystem/SpecialtySet.aspx(in Chinese) • Website for International Program (including course list):
http://en.sdu.edu.cn/upload/20150402.pdf (in English)
• English taught course list • Restricted Subject for International Exchange Students: Medicine and Dentistry (unless within the Medicine exchange program)
Shandong University offers on-campus housing for all the exchange students. Students can apply for housing after receiving the Admission Notice on istudent.sdu.edu.cn. Please log in with the student ID.
We strongly encourage students to live on-campus. However, if students do wish to stay off-campus, they can find local agencies to rent a room. They should update the university about their room locations.
For housing information including room types and prices, please visit:
Student Visa (X1 Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period of more than six months.Student Visa (X2 Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China to study, short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.
How to Apply a Visa
Apply for visa of X1 or X2 type at the local embassy or consulate of the People Republic of China with:
- Admission Notice
- Visa application Form for Foreigners Who Want to Study in China
- original Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
If you apply for a (X2) visa, the exchange period can’t be extended.
According to the student exchange agreement,the tuition fee in the host university will be waived for the exchange students. However, the students need to paytuition fees to his/her home university.
1200-2000RMB per month
1000-2000 RMB per month, depending on individual lifestyle
400 RMB for one semester, 800 RMB for two semesters
From year 2010 on, Shandong University launches Buddy Program for incoming international exchange students. The volunteers are all selected by the university to match with exchange students, which pairs new international students with current students who provide the friendly face, helping hand, and first Chinese friendship that can make a world of difference for new arrivals.
Insurance is compulsory for studyin SDU. Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China provides international students with basic cover for medical and hospital care costs while in China. Insurance premium is 400RMB per half year per person and 800RMB per year per person.
September 8, 9
September 14 (tbc)
February 27- March 3
September 18-23 (tbc)
February 20-June 23
September 11- early January 2018
June 26- July 7
Specialty for Exchange Students
Spring outing in April
Autumn outing in October
July 10-September 8
We offer a number of scholarships to exchange students. Please check the information below for eligibility.
Sino-US Human Exchange scholarship
Shandong University will mail your transcript to your home International Office in two months after the completion of your exchange in Shandong University.