1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Degree and age requirements:
(1) Applicants must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
3. Applicants must have excellent academic records and strong scientific research skills.
4. Applicants should not be receiving any other scholarship given by the Chinese government and Shandong University during the period he or she receives the CSC Scholarship.
5. Language requirements:
For programs taught in Chinese:
(1) Applicants must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs.
For programs taught in English:
(1) Applicants whose native language or official language is English are exempt from providing English language certification.
(2) Applicants whose native language or official language is not English are required to submit the results of the IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above, SDU’s DI code: C296), MyBest Scores (80 points or above), Essentials test (8 points or above) or other equivalent certificates of English proficiency.
(3) Applicants whose native language or official language is not English and who have obtained their highest degree in an institution where the primary language of instruction is English, do not need to provide IELTS/TOEFL scores, but must submit a letter of proof, signed and stamped by the administering institution, stating the entire program was delivered in English.
Note: Except for requirements of English proficiency, applicants who want to apply for a Master degree in clinical medicine taught in English must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 4 test.
II. Scholarship Coverage, Supporting Category and Duration
1. Scholarship Coverage
(1) Tuition fees and application fee;
(2) Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
(4) Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year;
Note: For detailed information, please refer to the following link:
2. The Scholarship supports:
(1) Bachelor students (only for Chinese-taught programs),
(2) Master students (for both Chinese and English-taught programs),
(3) Ph.D. students (for both Chinese and English-taught programs).
The duration of the scholarship is equal to the duration of the study.
III. Application period: January 1, 2022 till March 31, 2022.
IV. Academic Programs
V. Application Procedure
Step 1: Applicants are asked to complete the online application on the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. When filling in information online, please use the following information: Program Category, Type B; Agency No. of Shandong University, 10422.
Step 2: Log in to SDU Online Application System for International Students (http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn) to complete the application. The electronic Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship must be filled in in Chinese or English. The application form should be signed by the applicant, scanned and then uploaded to the system. Paper applications sent by post will not be needed. For other requirements, please refer to the application instructions.
(1) Applicants are expected to provide all application materials as requested in application instructions and will be held responsible for the authenticity of documents submitted. Applications that are incomplete or fraudulent will be rejected.
(2) Applicants should be able to be contacted through the information provided.
VI. Application Result
After approved by China Scholarship Council, the final results are expected to be announced in early August 2022. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email. It is also encouraged to log in to SDU Online Application System for International Students to check the results.
1. Scholarship winners should finish registration on time. Those who fail to register or do not get approval to register at a later date will be assumed as giving up their admission and their scholarships will be cancelled.
2. Scholarship students must participate in an annual review. Those who fail in the assessment will be suspended or their scholarships will be annulled. Please ensure the annual review regulations are adhered to on time.
VIII. Contact Us
Address: Room C301, Mingde Building, Shandong University (Central Campus), No.27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan, Shandong, P. R. China
Postal Code: 250100